Cynobacteria is usually encouraged with the presence of nitrate and ammonia, which are both fixed forms of nitrogen. Chemi-clean helps clean and remove this problem algae through its own unique process. Most other red slime removers use purely antibiotics, namely erythromycin, to take care of the algae. The use of such substances within your aquarium can have disastrous effects upon your nitrifying bacteria and cause your tank to crash, killing the inhabitants of your aquarium.
The use of Chemi-clean not only as a problem solver when red slime is present, but as a regular maintenance procedure will help keep your water crystal clear and your tank free of unwanted cynobacteria.
For best results, turn off UV sterilizer or Ozonizer and Protein Skimmer. Remove Chemi-Pure or Carbon Filtration for 24 hours following each treatment.
It is advisable to do at least a 20% water change after full treatment.
You must use an air stone when using Chemi-Clean. Place airstone in the aquarium prior to and during treatment.
- Removes disease causing red cyanobacteria (red slime) from live coral.
- Removes red slime, black, blue-green and bubble producing algae.
- Oxidizes trapped organic sludge and sediment.
- Clarifies aquarium water to crystal clear.
- Promotes ideal enzyme balance.
- Contains no phosphates, algaecides or erythromycin succinate.
- Safe for reef tanks, all invertebrates, desirable macro algaes, nitrifying bacteria and fish.
- Treats up to 300 Gallons.
Instructions for Use:
- Use one level scoop (included) per 10 gallons
- Place airstone in the aquarium prior to and during treatment
- Turn off protein skimmer, UV sterilizer and/or ozonizer prior to use
- Remove Chemi-Pure or carbon filtration for 24 hours following each treatment
- Do at least a 20% water change after full treatment
- Repeat treatment after 48 hours, if necessary
- For best results, use monthly
Boyd Enterprises Aquarium Supplies
Boyd Enterprises was founded in 1962 by Dick Boyd, who had been working in aquarium stores since 1947 at the age of 17. He had a love and passion for building and maintaining aquariums as a hobby. Through his constant experimentation to create his own filtration techniques, he developed the world renowned Chemi-pure - the original ion filter medium. In 1955, Dick Boyd along with three others founded the first Marine Aquarium Society in the United States. In 1972, he and his wife Linda, moved into a house large enough so he could build his dream aquarium. It took two years, but by 1974 Mr. Boyd had constructed a 3,000 gallon aquarium that was home to various corals, fish and invertebrates. Boyd Enterprises strives to keep up Dick’s level of Excellence, quality and customer service.
*DISCOUNTS DO NOT APPLY TO THIS PRODUCT